POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : object_pattern fun : Re: object_pattern fun Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:39:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object_pattern fun
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Oct 2019 07:21:04
Message: <5da6fd20@news.povray.org>
Op 13/10/2019 om 22:55 schreef Cousin Ricky:
> On 2019-10-13 7:18 AM (-4), Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Nothing fanciful or special; just messing around with object patterns...
>
> Here are a couple of scenes that relied heavily on object patterns.  The
> flags are 100% procedural.  The U.S. Virgin Islands flag required
> multiple layers of object patterns, and I somehow accomplished this
> before Blue Herring published his wonderful MultiObjectPattern macros.
> The Ohio flag as a whole is an object pattern with a transparent
> background for the non-rectangular outline.
>
> Tip:  I had to make the Ohio flag hollow, even though it is an open
> mesh, to avoid killing the sky fog behind it.

Following my own thoughts and investigations about multi-layered object
patterns just make me appreciate even more your achievement, as layered
textures cannot make use of any patterned one (as object patterns
obviously are). The only way I see would be to use separate CSG object
layers with an extremely thin interface. I think you did refer to that
in your comment above about the Virgin Islands flag.

--
Thomas