POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : verres1 file plus photons : Re: verres1 file plus photons Server Time
18 Apr 2024 12:47:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: verres1 file plus photons
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 28 Sep 2019 10:52:31
Message: <5d8f73af$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/28/19 9:40 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> On 9/27/19 11:46 AM, Alain Martel wrote:
>
> Aside: Yep, a comparison to a render with the grille as a photon target
> would be ideal, but that render is still shooting photons after two
> hours and not sure I have the patience to let it finish...

Got it. See attached. Almost 3 hours elapsed to do the photon shooting
with the back grille as a target vs 8 minutes if not... There are some
jitter and multi-thread differences too - ignore them. It's the grille.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'verres1_wphotogrill_to_verres1_nophotogrill.jpg' (277 KB)

Preview of image 'verres1_wphotogrill_to_verres1_nophotogrill.jpg'
verres1_wphotogrill_to_verres1_nophotogrill.jpg