POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Roosters! - Upper Residences : Re: Roosters! - Upper Residences Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:58:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roosters! - Upper Residences
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Aug 2019 06:55:42
Message: <5d57dd2e$1@news.povray.org>
Op 17/08/2019 om 09:56 schreef Pekka Aho:
> I'm afraid it's all a bit too late for me now, as I've simply lost my interest
> completely. At this point it seems impossible to get over all the swear words,
> frustration and psychic meltdowns I had back in the day with Blender. The
> negative mental associations are just too much to handle. :D

I recognize the symptoms. ;-)

> I recently paid 200 EUR (approx. 222 USD) for Realsoft 3D (formerly known as
> Real 3D), which actually has some similarities to POV what it comes to building
> objects and scenes, texturing, general way of "thinking 3D" and so on, thus I'm
> heading that route for now. That is ofc, when I have spare time from all my
> POVing. :D

I have built a decades long routine using Silo in combination with Pov
and I probably will stick with it till the end of my days. However, out
of curiosity, I often explore other possible avenues a bit, but always
come back to the familiar work flow.

By the way, Nice Roosters scene again. An intriguing world indeed.
--
Thomas