POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mining operations in a new future world : Re: Mining operations in a new future world Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:32:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mining operations in a new future world
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 18 Jul 2019 10:06:42
Message: <5d307cf2$1@news.povray.org>
The ship designs show similarities to those 1960s spaceships from the
Perry Rhodan universe.

But indeed, off-world mining is indeed a very interesting topic. For
some time to come, mining equipment will still look similar to the one
you depicted in your artwork, and what we have today.

Eventually, resource gathering will be different. The German X7
Wendelstein fusion reactor might have opened the door to such new
technology: out of resource material (gases in this particular case),
through fusion the Wendelstein produces vast amounts of energy. The
fusion of different materials can also lead to the production (fusion)
of materials that otherwise are hard to come by. I believe, the fusion
technology can be used for energy production, but with changed
parameters also for creation of resources.

---
http://www.avg.com