POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Feature request: Rotation warp : Re: Feature request: Rotation warp Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature request: Rotation warp
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Jul 2019 04:34:50
Message: <5d2d8c2a$1@news.povray.org>
Le 15/07/2019 à 22:09, Bald Eagle a écrit :
> Jerome,
>
> Are you considering experimenting with this warp idea in HgPovRay?

Maybe, but do not hold your breath on it.

> I'd like to install that, but I need some detailed installation instructions -
> I've only recently made the full switch-over from M$ to Linux Mint.

It's the same way as for installing povray from sources (so, not from a
package)
1. get the sources (zip or tar.gz)
2. extract them somewhere
3. run in the extracted directory:  ./unix/prebuild.sh
4. run:  ./configure COMPILED_BY="Bald Eagle"
5. if configure is happy (no missing packages), run: make
6. run: make check
7. either copy unix/povray in /usr/local/bin/hgpovray,
   or run: sudo make install (it overwrites povray !)

you can get sources at https://github.com/LeForgeron/povray/releases

Steps 1 & 2 can be replaced by cloning the git repository, but that's
not for innocent users.

> Is there a way, at some point, to set that up to be installed with apt-get?
> or the Mint "Software Manager"? (mintinstall)

That's a long long long road, I'm not sure to engage.
I would need to set up a ppa:, and add files for the debian generation...
And states if it excludes official povray or can cohabit with it.