POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Hampshire Heightfield WIP : Re: New Hampshire Heightfield WIP Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Hampshire Heightfield WIP
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 3 Jun 2019 09:02:45
Message: <5cf51a75$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 21.05.19 08:43, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> This looks promising indeed. Well done. The usual problems with bridges
> 'melting' down into the river of course ;-)

If I went for realism, I would use the Google Maps photo mosaic just as
a model to build roads, bridges, trees, buildings etc. as real POV-Ray
objects... and as it would be my neighbourhood too, I then would further
refine these objects by taking ground-based pictures of streets and
buildings... perhaps even with some photogrammetry gear!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Klanggarten 4 (Burkhard Schmiedl)