POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : plane through 4 points : Re: plane through 4 points Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: plane through 4 points
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 31 May 2019 08:18:34
Message: <5cf11b9a$1@news.povray.org>
Le 30/05/2019 à 20:52, folkert a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I would like to render a plane through 4 3D points.
> How can I do so?
> E.g. a plane but, as it are 3D points, it should bend where required.
>

> regards

Any 4 3D points ?

Let's imagine they are disposed as the vertices of tetrahedron
(regular), what would be the right (curved) sheet ?
(I'm questionning the "bend where required" part, which seems obvious
but is really not that obvious at all )

Can we assume that somehow the 4 points are ordered ?

Does the sheet have to be infinite ? (that's what a plane is)
or limited to the 4 points ?

If you have 4 points, can you interpolate some additional ones to use a
bicubic patch ?
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Bicubic_Patch