POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Method to apply transforms to user_defined camera. : Re: Method to apply transforms to user_defined camera. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:01:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Method to apply transforms to user_defined camera.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 30 May 2019 18:43:13
Message: <5cf05c81$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/27/19 7:36 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> On the povray.general group and in the recent thread:
>
> http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C5ce2a3dd%241%40news.povray.org%3E/
>
> IGM / igmar asked about applying transforms to user_defined cameras. The
> documentation implies transform modifiers can be applied, but this is
> not the case in v38 as of today.
>
> The following modification to the shipped user_defined.pov camera scene
> works - as far as it goes - as a way to apply transforms to the user
> defined cameras.

In turning to look at this again while my tea brews I found the thread:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3CXnsA9E3A3F647A49seed7%40news.povray.org%3E/

via a pointer from Bald Eagle where Tor Olav Kristensen, ingo, et al.
got well beyond anything I have in my head both for the problems
involved and solutions for transforming a user defined camera. Sorry
igmar - and all - I managed to miss this work. I've just spun folks
around I think...

Bill P.