POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Icons : Re: Icons Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:54:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Icons
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 30 May 2019 01:05:09
Message: <5cef6485$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/29/2019 3:54 AM, Dave Blandston wrote:
> The advantage to using Pov-Ray is that Pov can adjust the width of the white
> borders so all the icons match. For example, upon creation, each icon is a
> different height. When they're scaled to match, that also affects the width of
> the borders so they are no longer equal. Pov makes this problem easy to deal
> with. Maybe Inkscape has a similar feature that I'm not aware of since I don't
> use it very much.

Yes, that makes sense. I suppose procedural textures using SVG and
JavaScript are possible, but InkScape (or other software) would probably
break them.

I often use a program called GeoGebra that is a point-and-click maths
program that can export to SVG. But it is not meant for creating art, so
there are not a lot of options when it comes to visual style, effects,
etc. Usually my needs are not great and I just use the exported SVG. But
often I will sketch what I want in GeoGebra, then use the results of
calculations to generate coordinates I can import into other software.

Michael