POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Graphical projections : Graphical projections Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:03:14 EDT (-0400)
  Graphical projections
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 11 May 2019 21:20:44
Message: <5cd774ec$1@news.povray.org>
I've created some illustrations showing different graphical projections.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Graphical_projection_comparison.png

I'm trying to figure out how to illustrate "cabinet projection" however.
The existing "cavalier projection" is nearly identical, except that
"cabinet projection" is half as long in the z direction. I could shrink
the model of the house along this axis, but I'd rather find a way that
only alters the camera statement. Any ideas?

Here is the camera code I use for "cabinet projection":

	#local cam_area = 2 * 5/4;
	#local cam_loca = vnormalize(-z/sind(045)+y-x) * cam_dist;
	#local cam_dirc = vnormalize(+z/sind(045)-y+x);
	#local cam_rgvc = +x * cam_area;
	#local cam_upvc = +y * cam_area;
	#local cam_tran = transform
	{
		translate +y * cam_move
	}

	// requires the updated version of "screen.inc" available here:
	// http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread
/%3C581be4f1%241%40news.povray.org%3E/
	#include "screen.inc"

	Set_Camera_Orthographic(true)
	Set_Camera_Transform(cam_tran)
	Set_Camera_Alt(cam_loca, cam_dirc, cam_rgvc, cam_upvc)

Thanks!!

Michael