POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : using rhe quality setting from a .pov file : using rhe quality setting from a .pov file Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  using rhe quality setting from a .pov file
From: tTh
Date: 6 May 2019 16:10:52
Message: <5cd094cc@news.povray.org>
Hello

I'm working on a scene with a lot of light, and rendering
take a lot of time, even in low quality to place the elements,
and I thought of a function, equivalent to 'clock' which
returns the value of the -Q parameter of the command line,
so I can do :

#if (quality > 5)
    light_source { ... }
#end

I diged through the documentation and found nothing.
Is it possible to plan this for a future version?
Is it easy to go into the source code to try to add
the function? And where to start?

tTh.

--
http://la.buvette.org/POV/Cloitre