POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : file directory problem : Re: file directory problem Server Time
24 Apr 2024 06:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: file directory problem
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 8 Apr 2019 11:48:48
Message: <5cab6d60$1@news.povray.org>
Le 08/04/2019 à 01:04, jr a écrit :
> hi,
>
> getting an error I cannot understand.
>
> Script started on Sun 07 Apr 2019 23:52:16 BST
> jr@crow:1:sinkflip$ pov38 sf2b1
> Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.8.0-alpha.10013324.unofficial
> Rendering frame 1 of 72 (#0)
>
> Rendering frame 1 of 72 (#0)
>

> Stream output files must reside in same directory as image output file.
> Stream output files must reside in same directory as image output file.
> Render failed

Basic problem due to IO restrictions being active (default).

Well, not a real problem, works as intended, to protect the innocents.

see
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Unix_Section_4#I.2FO_Restrictions

> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Unix_Section_4#I.2FO_Restrictions

So, as the message can be read: your log file must be in the same
directory as the image output file.

you need to tune the configuration of the io-restrictions to be more
relaxed.

I live in a dangerous world, my default compilation option is
--disable-io-restrictions, but that's me, and it might not be good for all.