POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Visualization of a sand grain : Re: Visualization of a sand grain Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visualization of a sand grain
From: Alain
Date: 1 Apr 2019 17:55:33
Message: <5ca288d5$1@news.povray.org>
Le 19-04-01 à 02:22, Wallace a écrit :
> Hi folks, I am new to the software and this community. I am a year 4 civil
> engineering student. To finish my final year project, I am required to learn
> this software. I use Pack3D in matlab to generate some particles with a lot of
> xyz coordiantes as well as radius from central point. I wonder how could I use
> Povray visualize a single particle with lots of x-y-z coordinate. I cant find
> the correct coding for my visualization. Hope can find some help here. Thank
> you!

When you say «visualize a single particle with lots of x-y-z coordinate.»
Do you mean a particle at a given coordinates from a list of
coordinates, or a complex particle whose vertices are defined by those
coordinates ?

In the first case, you simply iterate through the list of coordinates
until you get to the desired ones and place some object there.
You may place some object at each set. Make them all transparent except
the one that interest you.

In the second case, you need to generate a mesh from those coordinates,
then, place it in your scene so that it can be rendered.