POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Parse error: Uncategorized error thrown at parser/parsertypes.cpp line 62 : Re: Parse error: Uncategorized error thrown at parser/parsertypes.cpp line 62 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:34:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parse error: Uncategorized error thrown at parser/parsertypes.cpp line 62
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 20 Mar 2019 14:27:33
Message: <5c928615$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/19/19 4:01 PM, Warren wrote:
> Hello / Hi
> I have installed PovRay 3.8.0-x.10064738.unofficial last sunday on Ubuntu with
> the sources compilation.
> To easily switch between several povray versions I have the following files in
> 'usr/local/bin' :
> 'povray3-7' which is the binary of the stable 3.7 branch
> 'povray3-8' which is the binary of the 3.8.0[etc] described above
> and a file 'povray' which is a symbolic link that can point to one of the two
> binaries above.
>
> I have a scene that renders with povray 3.7 but doesn't with v3.8.
> With the 3.8 version, povray outputs the following message in the console:

I can confirm the v38 issue. Also running Ubuntu 18.04 though g++7 vs
Warren's 8.

It seems the v3.8 branch (commit 74b3ebe) needs a space ahead of the
macro #end statement to work as follows:

#macro LoadThing(filePath)
     #include filePath
  #end                 // <-- Add extra space before #end and OK

LoadThing("zoomBangCrash.inc")

and whenever the include file has an empty line, C++ comment style line,
C++ comment line and then a declare line. The following for
zoomBangCrash.inc, less the line numbers, is also a v3.8 parse issue if
there is no space ahead of the main file macro #end:

01
02 //
03 //
04 #declare A=1;

Perturb the include much and things work whether there is a space before
the macro #end or not. Change the #declare A=1; to #declare Sphere00 =
sphere { 0, 1 } for example and things are fine.

Bill P.