POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Vector images : Re: Vector images Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector images
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 2 Mar 2019 14:42:26
Message: <5c7adca2$1@news.povray.org>
On 2019-02-28 1:10 PM (-4), Mike Horvath wrote:
> I created some vector images that I (after converting them to PNG) used
> for axis, label, measurement, etc. graphics. I want to keep them with my
> collection, but I don't think I am allowed to upload them. Would it be
> possible to make an exception for a vector format of some type? I use
> SVG, but I understand that can be a risk since it is possible to insert
> JavaScript into it. Maybe a different format would be better? Thanks.

The JavaScript risk is probably not a big issue, since JavaScript can
also be inserted into HTML documents.  The biggest problem with the
Collection right now is access to the server; the Collection
administrator (Chris Bartlett) has not been heard from in almost 10
years.  Le Forgeron has some level of access, but there's only so much
he's permitted to do.