POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Steam Fog: First WIP : Re: Steam Fog: First WIP Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Steam Fog: First WIP
From: MichaelJF
Date: 24 Feb 2019 14:43:07
Message: <5c72f3cb$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.02.2019 um 10:12 schrieb Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 22.02.19 20:04, MichaelJF wrote:
>> Hi to the crowd,
>>
>> this image has still a lot of flaws (sun colour and reflections, the
>> swan model itself, textures of the cattails) and may be limitations to
>> media by POV. media seems to be handling color_maps or density_maps
>> different than pigment or texture having no interpolation between the
>> map entries but shap edges. This is what I derived in a first attempt.
>> Rendering time was a little bit longer (3 weeks).
>
> Just my mustard ;-):
>
> The rising fog should be turbulated more, now it looks like small
> straight columns of mist... and what about using Chris Colefax's
> lensflare macro?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar
Hi Yagdar,
the rising turbulence is just my problem (see the code I posted some
minutes earlier). I cannot see a reason to add lens flare to the image.
Especially since we have no conversion of the lens flare macros by chris
colefax to POV 3.7. They did not work with 3.7 so far. I played around
with them to solve this issue a while ago, but failed unfortunatelly.

Best regards
Michael