POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Some simple testing needed : Re: Some simple testing needed Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:43:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some simple testing needed
From: clipka
Date: 13 Feb 2019 18:20:28
Message: <5c64a63c$1@news.povray.org>
"EEeeks!" for both the FreeBSD and MinGW results (not your fault obviously).

Can you try again with a `Delay(10)` and `Delay(100)` to see what
happens? And if they behave nicely (i.e. give results of 10s upward and
100s upward, respectively), can you spare some time and try to figure
out what the "sweet spot" is?

In case you're curious what I'm doing: I'm testing whether
`std::this_thread::sleep_for()` is - as advertised by the C++11 standard
- suitable as a portable way of waiting for _at least_ the specified
duration. If that is the case, then `Delay(msec)` should wait for at
least the specified number of millisconds, and thus the entire program
(doing 1000 such invocations in a loop) should wait for at least the
specified number of seconds.

But alas! Standards are only as good as the rigorosity by which they are
implemented.