POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fonts Rant : Re: Fonts Rant Server Time
24 Apr 2024 01:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fonts Rant
From: clipka
Date: 12 Jan 2019 09:05:15
Message: <5c39f41b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.01.2019 um 17:17 schrieb Le_Forgeron:

> We need a Serif, a Sans Serif and a Mono spaced, IMHO.

Agreed.

> And good looking ones, with latin-1 page and other cool stuff.

Sure.

> As long as only 16 bits are parsed, the chinese glyphes are out of scope.

No, they're not. Not the most important ones at any rate: Roughly 30k
CJK ideographs are assigned to the Basic Multilingual Plane.

We will of course miss out on the approx. 60k /additional/ CJK
ideographs in Plane 2. Also, no Phoenician, Egyptian Hieroglyphs,
Cuneiform or the like (Plane 1).