POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Year's Greetings from Kallipyros! : Re: New Year's Greetings from Kallipyros! Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Year's Greetings from Kallipyros!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jan 2019 02:37:45
Message: <5c35a4c9$1@news.povray.org>

> Hi(gh)!
>
> Here also views of the north and south pole of Kallipyros - its axis is

> Next thing will be views from low orbits above its surface... and I
> should think about naming the most prominent terrain features!

Aaaah! You stir up memories! In 1976, while teaching at the University
of Algiers, I thought up a planet with a 90 degree tilt. Imagining what
life would be like the year round. My planet was a watery world where
the inhabitants would migrate from pole to pole to escape the fierce
winters and, assumedly, the violent storms generated at the terminator.

--
Thomas