POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : uv_mapping on drilled box looks "funny" or "buggy" : uv_mapping on drilled box looks "funny" or "buggy" Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:54:50 EDT (-0400)
  uv_mapping on drilled box looks "funny" or "buggy"
From: Lars R
Date: 19 Dec 2018 06:51:19
Message: <5c1a30b7@news.povray.org>
I created a special image suitable for uv_mapping on a box and it looks
fine on a cube.

But when I drill cylindrical holes into the cube the uv_mapping looks
odd. Moreover it seems that the texture on the holes is also not a
cylindrical mapping and it does not follow the orientation of the
cylindrical holes.

See image and scene file.

Is that behavior intentional or is it a bug?

Lars R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'box-uv.pov.txt' (1 KB) Download 'cube-512-3.png' (78 KB) Download 'uv-bug.jpg' (337 KB) Download 'uv.ini.txt' (1 KB)

Preview of image 'cube-512-3.png'
cube-512-3.png

Preview of image 'uv-bug.jpg'
uv-bug.jpg