POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Involute spur gear : Re: Involute spur gear Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:03:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Involute spur gear
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Dec 2018 02:28:29
Message: <5c17501d$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/12/2018 03:54, StephenS wrote:
> I would like to make something with gears, but not sure what.

Is that in the real world you want to do it?

> Three of the gears I've cut from sheet metal (thirteen in total) and
> some I've modelled.

What restrictions do you have in the physical world? Could you make the
gears fine enough to make a clock?

My first thought is an orrery, which could be a clock as well.
https://www.instructables.com/id/Orrery-a-Mechanical-Solar-System-Model-From-Plywoo/

Would you want it to be practical or decorative?

I can see why you are asking for comments. Ideas are not easy to come by.

Great project.

--

Regards
     Stephen