POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spiral Honeycomb Mosaic Progress : Re: Spiral Honeycomb Mosaic Progress Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:00:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral Honeycomb Mosaic Progress
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Nov 2018 07:10:09
Message: <5bdee1a1@news.povray.org>
On 4-11-2018 11:45, BayashiPascal wrote:
> If you don't already know this site, I recommend it to you. It's my definite
> reference for hexagonal grids:
>
> https://www.redblobgames.com/grids/hexagons/

Impressive. Now, what would it take to make hexagonal, seamless,
height_fields? In POV-Ray?

At the moment, I make seamless height_fields with the help of
GeoControl, which is able to turn out seamless, square,  tga maps.
Making hexagonal ones would be a challenge I suppose. Are there
applications that are able to do this?

--
Thomas