POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : X Windows display: disabled : Re: X Windows display: disabled Server Time
23 Apr 2024 19:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X Windows display: disabled
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Oct 2018 11:53:39
Message: <5bb39483$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/10/2018 à 13:11, Le Forgeron a écrit :
> Le 01/10/2018 à 20:29, jr a écrit :
>> hi,
>>
>> clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure it was primarily a matter of maintainability. And with
>>> SDL being able to drive Xlib, my naive assumption as a Windows jockey is
>>> that it /should/ still work.
>>
>> I did have a look at the API (some time ago, not long after installing
>> 3.7), as
>> I recall there is no way of telling SDL to use a given window (id).
>>

> what about SDL_CreateWindowFrom() ? (just googling libsdl)
>
> The main issue with SDL so far in povray is the lack of title for the
> render window.
>
> I need to investigate SDL_SetWindowTitle()
>
> https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL_SetWindowTitle

Ok, SDL2 has a migration guide and it will not be a five minutes patch
for Povray.

https://wiki.libsdl.org/MigrationGuide?highlight=%28SDL_WM_SetCaption%29

Most calls made in Povray have been updated to new functions, so there
might be a bit of change in logic too, and a need for detecting libsdl2
along with libsdl1.2 (none, either or both might be present)