POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read problems : Re: #read problems Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:34:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #read problems
From: clipka
Date: 1 Oct 2018 09:44:00
Message: <5bb224a0@news.povray.org>
Am 01.10.2018 um 11:09 schrieb Kenneth:

> During a later POV-Ray session, I want to read the file back into the same
> scene, so I do this:
>
> object{MY_OBJ
> rotate
> #fopen FOOBAR "my_file.txt" read
> #read(FOOBAR,AAA)
> #fclose // or this line can be commented-out
> }
>
> .......but "my_file.txt" is *completely* ignored, as is the entire #fopen
> construct. The fatal error message says, "Expected numeric expression, } found
> instead", due to the rotate keyword apparently having nothing following it.

Heh! You're being fooled by the error message.

POV-Ray isn't complaining about a missing parameter for `rotate`, it is
complaining about a missing parameter for `#fclose`".

You need to specify which file you want to close (you can have multiple
open at the same time):

    #fclose FOOBAR

(Also, you then need to actually /use/ `AAA`, othjerwise POV-Ray /will/
complain about a missing parameter for `rotate`.)