POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Position Finder" results : Re: "Position Finder" results Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:50:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Position Finder" results
From: clipka
Date: 1 Oct 2018 08:24:45
Message: <5bb2120d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.10.2018 um 08:52 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> I must admit that I have major difficulties with vnormalize and vcross.

What's difficult aout `vnormalize`? It simply trims (or stretches) a
vector to a length of 1 while keeping the direction. No magic there.

What `vcross` does is a bit more complex, I give you that; but normally
it is simply used to compute a vector perpendicular to two others (with
proper handedness; e.g. vcross(x,y) returs z), and is trimmed to unit
size using vnormalize (unless the two input vectors are known to be
perpendicular and of unit length).