POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Position Finder" results : Re: "Position Finder" results Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Position Finder" results
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Sep 2018 07:21:52
Message: <5bae0ed0$1@news.povray.org>
On 28-9-2018 11:51, Kenneth wrote:
>> See my latest post in p.t.general. The yellow rod is situated about -200
>> pov units from the trace arrow.
>>

> I got side-tracked by a surprising and different problem, concerning your test
> image. I rendered the same view (as close as I could get-- using CamAng of 80),
> and found that you and I are indeed getting different results(!) I have no idea
> what the reason might be. My 2nd 'blended' image shows that we are at least
> rendering the same view, and with the yellow rod in the same place. Why our red
> arrows don't match is a mystery! Very strange. (Unless we are somehow using
> different methodologies?? I doubt that, though.)
>
> For the yellow rod in the position it's currently in, did you get the same
> screen_x_position and screen_y_position values that I did (or nearly so)?
>
> This is a mystery that we definitely need to solve ;-)

My bad, as I misplaced the rod by one square :-/

The yellow rod is placed at: <202, 884> (screen percent) ==> <-2479.693,
-265.968, -1757.000> (forget the Y which is not relevant here)

At <202, 884> percent, I get an arrow position of: <-2479.693, -265.968,
-1627.254>

I have a hunch that you will get about the same. Forget about the 200
pov units. It is less and not so 'rounded' as I thought (about 130 instead).

--
Thomas