POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GSOPP : Re: GSOPP Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:47:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GSOPP
From: clipka
Date: 27 Sep 2018 19:38:40
Message: <5bad6a00$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.09.2018 um 13:08 schrieb Jim Holsenback:

> yeah i think i might give relaxing area light parameters and see if i
> can see any gains in time. you didn't say anything about focal blur. not
> jitter per se but it's mechanism noise based... right?

That was intentional, because I'm currently not sure how random it is,
and how reproducible the randomness is.

If focal blur uses a random seed based on "pixel address", for instance,
then oversampling the same pixel again and again will always give the
same blur sample directions, which means -am3 can't improve the blur result.