POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : The way to an ideal array is a kick in the face : Re: The way to an ideal array is a kick in the face Server Time
23 Apr 2024 12:11:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The way to an ideal array is a kick in the face
From: BGimeno
Date: 27 Sep 2018 04:00:13
Message: <5bac8e0d$1@news.povray.org>
El 27/09/18 a las 02:58, clipka escribió:

> Version information, please. There have been recent changes regarding
> arrays that are likely to be relevant.

// ---------------------------------------------------
POV-Ray 3.7.0.4.unofficial

This is an unofficial version compiled by:
  Andreas Beckmann <anbe at debian dot org> for Debian <www.debian.org>
  The POV-Ray Team is not responsible for supporting this version.

Copyright 1991-2013 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.

Built-in features:
   I/O restrictions:          enabled
   X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
   Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff openexr
   Unsupported image formats: -

Compilation settings:
   Build architecture:  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
   Built/Optimized for: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
   Compiler vendor:     gnu
   Compiler version:    g++ 7
   Compiler flags:      -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings
-fno-enforce-eh-specs -Wno-non-template-friend -g -O2
-fdebug-prefix-map=/build/povray-nyWGZ3/povray-3.7.0.4=.
-fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -O3 -pthread

#> uname -a
Linux bgimeno-HP-Elite-7500-Series-MT 4.15.0-34-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP
Mon Aug 27 15:21:48 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I bet the problem is due to an idea carried out in the wrong way mixed
with factorials and loops. Declaring "blind" arrays like this implies
knowing exactly what and how you are doing. It's not my case. The kick
should be in my face for believing that the KISS principle was to listen
to Gene Simmons until 2AM

BGimeno