POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GSOPP : Re: GSOPP Server Time
16 Apr 2024 15:42:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GSOPP
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 26 Sep 2018 04:44:16
Message: <5bab46e0$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/25/18 6:50 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Jim Holsenback <ash### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>> glowing spheres on pavement plane ....
>
> Those are _cool_   :)
> I can imagine them being used as lights for a real parking lot   :D
>
> I think that some focal blur will make it look better (more realistic).

i guess you didn't notice there is already focal blur ... follow the
three spheres on the far left (magenta, green, green). look in the
reflections

> And you pavement looks - like a carpet.   Too soft.
>
> My first instinct is:
> Tighten up the color map, add a normal map, and some specular and reflection in
> the finish block to give it a 'harder' look, possibly with a small granite
> normal to give it some graininess.

it's slightly reflective (1e-3) ... look in the foreground. i decided on
no normal because it was breaking up the appearance of the glow too much

> Very nice - I'm glad you got the radiosity worked out - it's coming along very
> well   :)

lol (coming along) ... i'm calling this the final version.