POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden Footpath in Concrete Jungle (WIP) : Re: Wooden Footpath in Concrete Jungle (WIP) Server Time
16 Apr 2024 15:06:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wooden Footpath in Concrete Jungle (WIP)
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Sep 2018 06:38:46
Message: <5b9649b6$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/09/2018 21:30, MichaelJF wrote:
> Hi to the crowd,
>
> as Windows 10 delivers us with unwanted images, most of them very nice
> but only placed to gain information about the preferences of the users,
> I was inspired by one of them, titeled "Wooden Footpath in Dense Jungle"
> (https://spotlight.it-notes.ru/images/007ba85b9d0702c81be02247e0143179).
>
> So I came up with the following idea, having had an old song by Bob
> Marley in mind. It is still a WIP at the moment (some textures have to
> be replaced and I think about some better trees in the foreground having
> roots and being covered with ivy). But as a first impression this one
> can serve.
>
> Suggestions are very welcome.
>
> Best regards
> Michael

Hi Michael, I really like this.
The composition is good and the contrast of the red dress with the
general lightness is effective. I like the sky, it is under stated and
goes well with the texture of the vegetation.
The wooden footpath bothers me, though. Too high and thick. The texture
shows a pattern looking into the depth.
But it looks like a future desktop wallpaper. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen