POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:12:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560
From: dick balaska
Date: 31 Aug 2018 15:23:25
Message: <5b8995ad$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/31/2018 01:48 PM, Kenneth wrote:

>> I guess a new build was overdue.
>
> [on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit]
> I'm getting a strange fatal error on all scene files that I try to run (which I
> haven't seen before, with other similar development builds that get installed
> into the v3.7 directory):
>
> "cannot create render state output file"
>
> Since no one else has mentioned this, I must be doing something wrong at my
> end(?)
>
> I assume that a scene needs  #version 3.8  (although I've also tried it with
> #version 3.80 and 3.7, with no luck.) Does anything in PVENGINE or POVRAY.INI
> need changing, perhaps?

This says POV-Ray does not have permission to write to the directory.

Changing the version in the SDL won't affect POV-Ray's ability to write
to that directory. :)

The render state file is an intermediate file in case you want to
abort/resume a render. You can turn it off with -CC on the command line,
but then I'd bet that it won't have permission to write the output image
to that directory either.

Does it work with other directories? i.e. ones you own?

--
dik
Rendered 1024 of 921600 pixels (0%)