POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. : Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. Server Time
16 Apr 2024 06:43:47 EDT (-0400)
  Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain.
From: BGimeno
Date: 8 Aug 2018 12:48:11
Message: <5b6b1ecb@news.povray.org>
Can someone think of a better way for cover the gaps left by these
sphere_sweep (cubic_spline) curves with bicubic_patch?. I've been
looking at before posting this message and I am stuck at the point at
which, for the example given in the documentation I arrived to a
self-referential loop. (in short: being a circular shape you need to
know previously the point B to know point A and point A to calculate the
point B).
doc: http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/64/

Another point is commented by clipka a 2015 post on this issue.
http://news.povray.org/povray.tools.general/thread/%3Cweb.54e9d43835fbd8f37a3e03fe0%40news.povray.org%3E/

If it is mathematically impossible to make a perfect circle based on
patches, I suppose that the task of adjusting them smoothly to this form
can not be carried out either.

Any help or idea to the respective one is welcome, thank you very much
in advance.

Bruno Gimeno

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: