POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Offset surface : Re: Offset surface Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Offset surface
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 3 Aug 2018 21:16:08
Message: <5b64fe58$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.591d8c269364765ac437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.591
> d8c269364765ac437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E
>

> Looks like a Two-fer:
> https://theinnerframe.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/quadrics/

Since I'm trying to model ellipsoidal coordinate system, the formulas
need to be parametric, so that I can make proper grid lines at the
correct intervals and angles and so forth. You and Tor Olav did a great
job of figuring out the method of creating offset surfaces of implicit
functions. Would you mind trying the same for parametrics? Thanks.

Mike