POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : qtpovray-3.80.5 for Linux : Re: qtpovray-3.80.5 for Linux Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:37:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray-3.80.5 for Linux
From: clipka
Date: 3 Aug 2018 03:49:36
Message: <5b640910$1@news.povray.org>
Am 02.08.2018 um 23:51 schrieb dick balaska:

>> With regard to Kenneth's recent query - can I select a portion of a render to
>> have it re-rendered?  I haven't had a chance to do a lot over the past couple of
>> days.
>
> I missed that.  And that would be a povray (clipka) question. I would
> guess "no".

Actually, I guess it is a qtpovray question:

In POV-Ray for Windows, you can select a region of the preview with the
mouse and it will give you the option to re-render only that portion of
the scene (by quietly passing `+sc`/`+sr`/`+ec`/`+er` information to the
render engine).

You can also shift-select the region and it will give you the option to
add/replace the corresponding command-line switches to/in the
command-line input field, so that later renders will also render that
particular portion.

I think Bald Eagle's question was whether qtpovray also provides a
mechanism to set those switches using only the mouse.