POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Suggested / desired new ray / trace functions : Re: Suggested / desired new ray / trace functions Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:42:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggested / desired new ray / trace functions
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 31 Jul 2018 04:39:48
Message: <5b602054$1@news.povray.org>
Le 31/07/2018 à 04:32, dick balaska a écrit :
> On 07/30/2018 07:46 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
>

>> What are your recommendations for installing side-by-side with QtPOV-Ray?
>>

> If'n I had stuck with my websockets edition (which I've abandoned now) I
> could have easily added my websockets vfe to hgpovray and then the user
> could select it as the render engine.
>
> Now it would be possible to build qthgpovray as a separate program,
> which may be easy. I touched nothing in ./source which is probably where
> hgpovray did all of his work.   It would depend if he did something
> funky to the Makefiles, like custom compile options.

Nothing funky, and its all in my branch feature/extended-mesh, forked
fresh from official master branch

See if you want to pull it anywhere:

https://github.com/LeForgeron/povray/tree/feature/extended-mesh

The first commit is the patch,

The second commit is the merge into hgpovray38 (and you do not need it)