POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to include a pov ray file as an object? : Re: How to include a pov ray file as an object? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to include a pov ray file as an object?
From: dick balaska
Date: 25 Jul 2018 13:22:22
Message: <5b58b1ce$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/25/2018 12:40 PM, Kima wrote:
> I have a standalone povray file, but I want to include it as an object in my own
> povray file including other objects. I remove the camera and light from the
> first povray file and tried to include it in my own file as
>

> camera {location <0,7,-7> look_at <0,0,0>}
> light_source {<-15,10,-15> color rgb<1,1,1>  }
> background {color rgb<.7,.7,.7> }
>
> #declare externalobject = #include "/.../external.pov"
>
> object {externalobject .... }
>

> but it doesn't work and I doesn't return any error to find out what is the
> problem.

I'm surprised you don't get any error.  My guess is you are running into
I/O restrictions. Your external.pov is in a not-allowed directory (Your
include starts with a '/').  Try copying external.pov to the same
directory as your main file.

My project has 200+ include files, but they are all in the current
directory or a subdirectory below it.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)