POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focus Blur model : Re: Focus Blur model Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focus Blur model
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 27 Jun 2018 09:46:19
Message: <5b33952b$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/26/2018 10:31 AM, Mr wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>
> Could anyone explain to me why POV-Ray binary scenes and povray images are
> separated in the newsgroups? I feel it makes things so tedious every time!

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C5b325680%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

(Thanks for making the link easier to find Stephen)

I believe it the case that in the olden days of dial-up Internet and
slow data transfers, the separation of uploaded data and discussion made
sense. Why too there is the practice of posting binary images apart from
discussions which might happen in other newsgroups. I agree it's today
cumbersome.

Bill P.