POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LDD POV-RAY missing parts : Re: LDD POV-RAY missing parts Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:00:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LDD POV-RAY missing parts
From: clipka
Date: 22 Jun 2018 02:37:35
Message: <5b2c992f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.06.2018 um 20:59 schrieb Elwood:

> I've been doing renders for quite some time now, but a new model I'm trying to
> convert keeps running into problems. I keep getting the error message "cannot
> find file 'ldd-*****.bin' even after trying to append file type extension" (with
> the ***** replaced by the Lego part number.)
>
> At first I thought it was limited to the newer parts, but it's even doing it
> with older parts. What am I doing wrong?

Please note that your question is very specific to whatever tool you're
using to convert from LDD to POV-Ray; while you may encounter people
here that use LDD with the same tool and might therefore be able to
provide /some/ support for it, you may get better support in a forum
dedicated to the converter tool.

Presuming you're using the "LDD to POV-Ray Converter", the most
important question is whether you are getting the error message for
/every/ part, or just some: For instance, can you render a simple
standard 2x4 brick?

If you get the error message for all parts, my best bet is that the
"Callback File System" used by the converter might not be set up
properly, or that you didn't add `Library_Path="\\.\LDDIncludes"` to
your `povray.ini` file.