POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Density filling option for polygon : Re: Density filling option for polygon Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:53:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Density filling option for polygon
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 5 Jun 2018 08:20:29
Message: <5b16800d$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/04/2018 12:27 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 04.06.2018 um 17:30 schrieb Le_Forgeron:
>> Le 04/06/2018 à 04:29, Hedrondude a écrit :

I'd like to suggest, if we are looking at polygon enhancements -
canonical point ordering for fill options etc, we consider staying
compatible with packages like:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/polyclipping/

even if not looking to support that package specifically - though it
would be my choice at present.

Integrating 'polyclipping' in some fashion with POV-Ray via new SDL
options would open up new capabilities related to linear splines,
polygons, prisms for sure(1). Perhaps also additional bounding options,
fonts and such too.

Bill P.

(1) - SDL having a general 'list' (C++ std::vector like) features
alongside too for point lists would be very handy too.