POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Restructured Parser wants Testing : Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:10:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing
From: Stephen
Date: 23 May 2018 10:19:05
Message: <5b057859$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/05/2018 13:26, clipka wrote:
> Am 23.05.2018 um 10:22 schrieb Stephen:
>> On 22/05/2018 01:28, clipka wrote:
>>> - Backward compatibility with scenes that use single backslashes in
>>> literal filenames has been sacrificed, and will most likely not be
>>> restored.
>>
>> This is going to cause me problems using SDL generated by modellers.
>
> Care to do some name calling?

Pal / Best friend. ;-)

> Technically, those modellers would have to be considered broken:

That seems fair enough.

> To the
> best of my knowledge, single backslashes as filename separators have
> never been an officially supported feature.

By PovRay for Windows and/or for DOS?

> That said, if the modeller in question should happen to be of reasonable
> significance despite no longer being actively maintained, I may go back
> to the drawing board after all.

Significance is relevant. I have no idea how many people use B3D. And I
can't remember if Blender outputs the directory separator as a "\" or
"/". (I have stopped using it until some of the bug reports I have
submitted, have been fixed.)

It is possible to get B3D to export bespoke code. So we could set a flag
telling the parser that the directory separator was "\".
e.g. windoze_separator = true
If that would help cut down the complexity.

Which reminds me. I use that facility to overwrite the version number
B3D exports by declaring it after the first one. Will that workaround
still work?

Best friend. :-)

--

Regards