POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Official notice - user defined function VM data structures : Official notice - user defined function VM data structures Server Time
23 Apr 2024 14:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Official notice - user defined function VM data structures
From: clipka
Date: 21 May 2018 10:16:30
Message: <5b02d4be$1@news.povray.org>
Hear, hear, hear!

I hereby give the following notice:

The data types `FunctionEntry`, `StackFrame` and `FPUContext` in the
user-defined functions handling code (`source/vm/fnpovfpu.h`) SHALL be
subject to change, now and forever more.

The commend currently preceding these data structures:

// WARNING: Do not change this structure without notice!!!
// Platform specific code may depend on the exact layout and size! [trf]

will be removed without replacement.

To the best of my knowledge there is not, and never has been, any
platform-specific code that does, or ever did, rely on these structures.

If I'm mistaken there, please let me know.