POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reading things differently. : Reading things differently. Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:54:08 EDT (-0400)
  Reading things differently.
From: clipka
Date: 17 May 2018 06:49:43
Message: <5afd5e47@news.povray.org>
See anything special in this benchmark render?

Nothing?

Well, that's good then, because the only difference is in how the scene
was parsed.

At the moment the restructured parser has some known issues (can't
`#read` yet, `\\` in strings are currently broken, and macro caching is
currently disabled), but overall it appears to do its job.

Performance is another issue, with parsing of the benchmark scene still
taking about 40% longer, but I'm optimistic that I can trim that down
quite a bit.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'benchmark.png' (450 KB)