POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hilbert2d utility : Re: hilbert2d utility Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hilbert2d utility
From: clipka
Date: 9 May 2018 09:28:08
Message: <5af2f768$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.05.2018 um 14:27 schrieb Stephen:

> While I am at it and before I forget. Is there something in the Windoze
> editor that gets confused when /* ... */ comments are nested?
> Ctrl + ] doesn't always work as I expect.
> But then that could be me. It so often is.

While POV-Ray's parser allows comments to be nested, the 3rd party
editor component isn't designed to accomodate for that.

So for example,

to POV-Ray is a comment containing `a/*b*/c` (the portion `/*b*/` being
a nested comment), while to the editor it is a comment containing `a/*b`
(the `/*` being nothing special) followed by a separate `c*/` outside
the comment.