POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity: how to Reduce Radiosity : Re: Radiosity: how to Reduce Radiosity Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:10:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity: how to Reduce Radiosity
From: Alain
Date: 30 Apr 2018 17:15:04
Message: <5ae78758$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-04-30 à 01:12, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> Look at the two attached imagea. I have white lumber, but when using
> radiosity (1st image), the white lumber glows and simply emits too much
> reflected indirect light. The 2nd image shows the same scene without
> radiosity.
>
> is there a way to reduce the amount of reflected indirect light?
>

> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Your diffuse parameter looks to be set way to high. diffuse 1 is
normally NOT OK. Try using the default value.

Make sure that you don't have any ambient nor emission set in your
finish. If in doubt, explicitly set them to zero. With version 3.7,
ambient should be turned OFF automatically when using radiosity, but
it's not the case if you are using version 3.6; or less. Most includes
locally use version 3.5, and this may play some tricks on you.

Don't change brightness from it's default in the radiosity block.

If you use reflection, try using a smaller value.

Try a darker background.