POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Raytracing theory in Povray : Re: Raytracing theory in Povray Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:56:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytracing theory in Povray
From: clipka
Date: 16 Apr 2018 12:40:07
Message: <5ad4d1e7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 16.04.2018 um 16:33 schrieb muyu:

> Thanks for your answer. Actually I am simulating radiative tansfer in vegetation
> canopy. Under this context, surface optical properties mainly means the
> reflectance, tansmitance of leaves, stems etc. Regarding green leaves, their
> optical properties differ a lot over r g and b. Now I am setting diffuse x, xx
> to simulate double face effect, corresponding to reflectance and transmitance.
> However this only allow me set constant value over three color channels. I am
> wondering how to set differet value for different channels. Thanks.

While this is currently not supported "out of the box", one thing you
could do is render the scene as an animation, using monochromatic
textures to model just one single wavelength per frame.

This might also give you more precise results than POV-Ray's standard
RGB colour model.

An alternative approach might be to model the leaves as solid objects,
and use the SSLT feature to model the difference between the reflected
and transmitted colour. However, this might need some tweaking to get
the material properties right.