POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : IKEA test : Re: IKEA test Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IKEA test
From: dick balaska
Date: 5 Apr 2018 04:32:44
Message: <5ac5df2c$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/05/2018 02:20 AM, Rushen wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Been a few years since I posted anything here. Can't say that I've been busy
> working with 3d, so my skills are about the same as before. :)
>
> Anyway, I've started to study a few courses on digital graphics, if nothing else
> to freshen up this forgotten hobby of mine. (But I guess the dream of working
> with 3d for a living also is somewhere in the back...) Stop! I already know
> POV-Ray is not the ulyimate tool for that...!
>
> So, the idea was to make an IKEA manual as a 3d animation. Keeping it all kind
> of basic.
>
> First few scenes put together can be watched here:
>
> https://vimeo.com/263286279
>
> First two scenes look smooth enough, but then the rest gets all jagged up (55
> seconds in forexample).  I've been
> using the same settings in FFMPEG: goes from png to avi, fps 25.
>
> Put together in Windows Live Movie Maker... could that be the weak link? Or
> should I not be using avi-files in the first place? (WLMM makes wmv-files
> only...)

Why not use just straight ffmpeg and output a .mp4 ?
avi has an optional lossless format that is nice for editing, but I
would skip that part.
Is your issue that you have too many png files at once? (about 4000).
(I manage multiple scenes in a single movie. A bash script copies 8
scenes of png files into one linear list of pngs and then I ffmpeg it.)

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)