POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help ! : Re: Help ! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help !
From: MichaelJF
Date: 3 Apr 2018 18:27:07
Message: <5ac3ffbb$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.04.2018 um 19:04 schrieb kurtz le pirate:
> Hello,
>
> Not very happy with the floor.
> Do you have any ideas and suggestions for me?

Sorry, I overlooked your inquiry nearly, because the newsgroups topics
are overflooded with the words "help" and "inquiry" at the moment. Most
of the questions are answered since many years and the questioner is
longer active here as the answers given. So I wonder a litte bit at the
moment.

To your Image: I think the contrast between your rainbow colored main
object and the black and white background (your floor) is o.k., but I
would take the other way round. Make the tiles at the ground to "real"
tiles using more reflection and subsurface scattering. Since I assume
that your main object is an isosurface I will propose to cancel all
reflection and add a small disturbance to the surface (f_noise_3d). Use
only two colors (and not the complete rainbow) and place the object a
bit out of the middle.

Best regards,
Michael