POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP - Cannot Identify Error : Re: HELP - Cannot Identify Error Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:06:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP - Cannot Identify Error
From: Alain
Date: 25 Mar 2018 17:41:30
Message: <5ab8178a$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-03-24 à 01:20, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> Here you are! I am looking for hours deep into the scene, and did not
> even see that the "else" where without that number sign! But now i
> wonder, why sometimes the scene was still rendered despite of the
> missing number sign. What is the meaning of "else" without that sign,
> and with that sign?
>
> Thanks a lot, now i can sleep in peace. :-)
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

You use "now" when seeding your random stream. That mean that you can
take different paths from render to render.
One time, you hit a problem spot, the next, you pass beside it.
If the condition is false, the error is missed in this sample :

#if(A<B)
  object(SomeObject)
else
  >do something<
#end

Whenever A is NOT less than B, you go directly to the #end statement and
miss the error. The whole construct is effectively treated as a comment.

If A IS less than B, you get hit by the error.

Alain