POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : export blender's smoke : Re: export blender's smoke Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: export blender's smoke
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Mar 2018 10:53:22
Message: <5aafcee2$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/03/2018 14:21, And wrote:
> "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
>> I want to export smoke of blender. I wrote some code to read df3, and here
>> https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray
>>
>> it says "A DF3 file (POV-Ray voxel format) is exported. I want to know where is
>> this file.
>
> I have tried render a scene from it.

I hope I can explain this.
In Blender with the render set to PovRay. Go to the scene properties
(camera icon). Open the "Output" property and you will see the o/p
directory. Mine reads /tmp/ Click the folder icon and Blender will show
you where the Pov file should be saved.
I've not tried using df3s myself. Although I found and reported a bug
using boids.

Keep us informed on how it goes.

--

Regards