POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering a Seashell in POVRay : Re: Rendering a Seashell in POVRay Server Time
24 Apr 2024 02:36:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering a Seashell in POVRay
From: Alain
Date: 16 Mar 2018 21:31:43
Message: <5aac6fff@news.povray.org>
Le 18-03-16 à 15:30, Bald Eagle a écrit :
> I looked at this one last night as well -- haven't figured out what the problem
> with this one is yet.

Just as an isosurface need to take count of the max_gradient, so does a
parametric. I don't know the default value, I don't find it in the
documentation, but you can probably assume the same value as that for
the isosurface.
Also, it have a default contained_by defined as :
contained_by box{-1, 1}.
It looks like the functions used need a larger max_gradient and also a
larger contained_by object.

Alain